Massage and a Few of the Many Benefits:
Massage is a tool toward wellness and should not be used in lieu of medical treatment.
- Pain Relief...from holding patterns, postural dysfunction, injury, repetitive use and surgery.
- Improve Flexibility and Range of Motion...regular massage, can improve your flexibility and range of motion, by working on muscles, tendons, connective tissue, ligaments, and joints; keeping you less prone to injury and moving with greater fluidity.
- Stress Management...massage calms the central nervous system and helps to release holding patterns of the body.
- Decrease Anxiety...massage affects the central nervous system, releasing endorphins causing a decrease of the cortisol level, decreasing anxiety and similar emotional states.
- Improve Sleep Quality and Digestion...by stimulating the central nervous system cortisol levels drop, serotonin and dopamine levels increase, inviting the body to rest completely, improving sleep and digestion.
- Increase Energy and Concentration...as massage affects the central nervous system (reducing pain, stress, and anxiety) it improves sleep quality, increases energy level and concentration.
- Decreases some side effects of Cancer and Cancer Treatment...anxiety, depression, nausea, and pain.
For centuries and across cultures, massage and bodywork have been used as a therapeutic and holistic health tools. The body has the innate ability to heal itself. Through manual manipulation techniques, trained therapists expedite the body in its natural healing process. This is accomplished because massage affects the various systems and layers of the body (circulatory, the nervous system, lymphatic, skeletal and musculature). These systems are interwoven, creating how we feel and move everyday. When these systems are out of alignment due to stress, overuse or injury, it is referred to as dis-ease. Dis-ease manifests in our mind and bodies as stress, pain and/or unpleasant emotional states. Massage therapy is used to facilitate the bodies natural ability to fight dis-ease. Although it looks like we only go skin deep, massage therapist and bodyworkers actually stimulate every system in the body, affecting the whole person. This effect supports our bodies in achieving their natural and optimal health.
Why not receive a massage?